Pilot Grant Program
- Purpose: To support the research of Full and Associate Members that advances the goal and aims of the SCC’s research programs. Pilot grants are expected to lead to peer-reviewed grant submissions and/or collaborative publications.
- Preference is given to proposals that:
- Involve two or more SCC members in a collaborative project
- Support the translation of a novel idea into clinical or community practice
- Funding: Up to $50,000 per award for one year.
- Award Cycle: Pilot grants are awarded annually in the spring. Request for proposals will be sent in the winter prior to the spring award.
Team Grant Program
- Purpose: To support the research of Full and Associate Members that advances the research goals of the SCC through collaborative, team-based science. Team grants are expected to lead to collaborative scientific publications and peer-reviewed multi-PI grant submissions.
- Preference will be given to team projects (3-5 PIs) that support the translation of novel ideas into the clinical or community setting.
- Funding: Up to $150,000 per award for one year (pending funding availability).
- Award Cycle: Team grants are awarded annually in the spring. Request for proposals will be sent in the winter prior to the spring award. Team grants are pending funding availability.
American Cancer Society Institutional Research Grant Program
- Purpose: ACS-IRG grants are designed to support the development of beginning investigators who have no national peer-reviewed research grant support. The program supports junior faculty conducting cancer research pilot projects to obtain preliminary results that will enable them to compete successfully for national research grants.
- Eligibility: Full time Assistant Professors within six years of their first independent faculty appointment and with no active peer-reviewed research funding from national funding agencies (e.g. NIH, DOD, NSF, ACS) may apply.
- Funding: Up to $50,000 per award for one year. The SCC will fund up to three awards annually.
- Deadline for application: January 6, 2020.
- ACS-IRG Guidelines
- ACS-IRG Application Package
Grant Resubmission Support
- The SCC can provide funding and other support (i.e., mentorship, project management, scientific writing) for current Full and Associate Members who receive a competitive, but not fundable, score on a qualifying peer-reviewed grant in order to enhance the likelihood of a successful resubmission.
- To qualify, grants must have been submitted to one of the following Organizations with NCI-approved Peer-Reviewed Funding Systems.
- For more information please contact your Program Leader.
Trainee and Student Funding Opportunities
Through the Education, Training and Career Enhancement Core (ETCE), the SCC supports the following funding opportunities:
- Trainee Research Award program for graduate students, professional students and other trainees to enhance trainee career development opportunities and / or to augment resources toward basic, translational, clinical trial or community-based cancer projects.
- Student Research Travel Awards are available to graduate students, professional students, and postdoctoral fellows for participation in professional meetings.
Please see the ETCE webpage for additional information.
For more information about internal funding opportunities, please contact the SCC’s Office of Cancer Research: firstname.lastname@example.org.