The Stephenson Cancer Center (SCC) is pleased to offer Research Travel Awards for participation in professional meetings. These awards are available to graduate students, professional students, and postdoctoral fellows at the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center (OUHSC) and University of Oklahoma (OU) main campus. This includes medical students, residents and fellows, as well as fulltime faculty who are currently enrolled in a graduate or professional degree program. The SCC intends to give up to 10 of these awards annually.
Up to $1,500 will be awarded per applicant to support the following:
- Registration fees
- Per diem
Above and other qualifying expenses will be reimbursed per the University of Oklahoma’s Travel Reimbursement policy.
- These awards are available to graduate students, professional students, and postdoctoral fellows at OUHSC and the OU main campus. This includes medical students, residents and fellows, as well as fulltime faculty who are currently enrolled in a graduate or professional degree program.
- Applicants must be majoring or working in a cancer-related field of study.
- Only one award per student per year.
- Awardees must be submitting an abstract for presentation consideration (oral or poster) on a cancer-related topic at the meeting.
- Abstract acceptance, meeting information, and presentation schedule must be submitted to the Program Coordinator before travel arrangements can be made.
- If abstract is not accepted, ONLY registration will be paid.
- Awardees are required to provide a follow-up report (1-page max.) outlining what they learned / achieved.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should complete the Online Application Form and include all required application materials. Complete applications must be submitted on or before the following application deadlines:
- March 15th, 11:59 PM CST, for Summer/Fall meetings occurring May 1 – October 31.
- September 1st, 11:59 PM CST, for Winter/Spring meetings occurring November 1 - April 30.
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- ONLINE APPLICATION FORM | Please provide all information requested. The applicant must list at least one mentor in a faculty capacity.
- Personal statement written by the applicant (no longer than 1 page in length, 1 inch margins, single-spaced) describing their learning objectives and benefits gained from attending the conference.
- Letter of reference from faculty member or mentor. The letter should comment on the applicant’s academic and personal qualifications for this award. Letter of reference must be on institutional letterhead and signed.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) or resume of the applicant.
Applications for Student Research Travel Award funding will be reviewed and approved by the SCC’s Education and Training Committee. Awardees will be notified within 15 days of application deadline.
For more information, please contact Program Coordinator Stevie Warner.