Stephenson Cancer Center (SCC) is pleased to offer Research Conference and Workshop awards for participation in professional meetings and workshops. These awards are available to graduate students, professional students, and postdoctoral fellows at the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center (OUHSC) and University of Oklahoma (OU) main campus. This includes medical students, residents and fellows, as well as full-time faculty who are currently enrolled in a graduate or professional degree program. SCC intends to give up to 15 of these awards to cover meetings and conferences held between Nov. 1, 2020 and April 30, 2021. See below for more information.
Up to $500 will be awarded per applicant to support the registration fees and other related expenses.
The above and other qualifying expenses will be reimbursed per the University of Oklahoma's Travel Reimbursement policy.
- These awards are available to graduate students, professional students, and postdoctoral fellows at OUHSC and the OU main campus. This includes medical students, residents and fellows, as well as full-time faculty who are currently enrolled in a graduate or professional degree program.
- Applicants must be majoring or working in a cancer-related field of study.
- Only one award per student per year.
- Awardees must be submitting an abstract for presentation consideration (oral or poster) on a cancer-related topic at the meeting.
- Abstract acceptance, meeting information, and presentation schedule must be submitted to the Program Coordinator.
- Awardees are required to provide a follow-up report (1-page max.) outlining what they learned / achieved.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should complete the Online Application Form and include all required application materials. Complete applications must be submitted on or before the following application deadlines:
- Oct. 1, 2020, 11:59 PM CST, for Winter/Spring meetings occurring Nov. 1, 2020 - April 30, 2021.
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- ONLINE APPLICATION FORM | Please provide all information requested. The applicant must list at least one mentor in a faculty capacity.
- Abstract for conference attendance requests.
- Personal statement written by the applicant (no longer than 1 page in length, 1 inch margins, single-spaced) describing their learning objectives and benefits gained from attending the conference.
- Letter of reference from faculty member or mentor. The letter should comment on the applicant’s academic and personal qualifications for this award. Letter of reference must be on institutional letterhead and signed.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) or resume of the applicant.
Applications for Trainee Research Conference and Workshop Award funding will be reviewed and approved by SCC’s Education, Training and Career Development Committee. Awardees will be notified within 15 days of application deadline.
For more information, please contact Program Coordinator Stevie Warner.