The Stephenson Cancer Center (SCC) is pleased to offer Research Travel Awards to students for participation in professional meetings. These awards are available to fulltime graduate students and postdoctoral fellows at the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center (OUHSC) and University of Oklahoma (OU) main campus. This includes medical students, residents and fellows. The SCC intends to fund up to 10 of these awards annually.
- Up to $1,500 will be awarded per applicant to support the following:
- Registration fees
- Local transportation
- Per diem
- These awards are available to graduate students, professional students, and postdoctoral fellows at OUHSC and the OU main campus. This includes medical students, residents and fellows, as well as fulltime faculty who are currently enrolled in a graduate or professional degree program.
- Applicants must be majoring or working in a cancer-related field of study.
- Only one award per student per year.
- Awardees must be presenting an abstract (oral or poster) on a cancer-related topic at the meeting.
- A notification of acceptance, meeting information, and presentation schedule must be submitted to the Program Coordinator before travel arrangements can be made.
- Awardees are required to provide a follow-up report (1-page max.) outlining what they learned /achieved.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should complete the Online Application Form and include all required application materials. Complete applications must be submitted on or before the following application deadlines:
- March 1st, 11:59 PM, for Spring / Summer meetings occurring April 1 – September 30.
- September 1st, 11:59 PM, for Fall / Winter meetings occurring October 1 – March 31.
Required Application Materials
- Online Application Form.Please provide all information requested. The applicant must list atleast one mentor in a faculty capacity.
- Personal statement written by the applicant (no longer than 1 page in length, 1 inch margins,single-spaced) describing their learning objectives and benefits gained from attending theconference.
- Letter of reference from faculty member or mentor. The letter should comment on theapplicant’s academic and personal qualifications for this award. Letter of reference must be oninstitutional letterhead and signed.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) or resume of the applicant.
Applications for Student Research Travel Award funding will be reviewed and approved by the SCC’s Education and Training Committee. Awardees will be notified within 15 days of application deadline.
For more information, please contact the Program Coordinator.