Are you seeking a career in medicine? Our Clinical Trials Office is currently offering two annual paid Clinical Research Internships. Interns will have the opportunity to assist with oncologic research processes and learn more about the cutting-edge treatments on the horizon in oncology. The internship experience will include:
- Research data extraction and entry
- Introduction to the regulatory components of research studies
- Opportunities to shadow/observe world-renowned oncologists in their practice
- Construction and completion of an investigator-initiated research project
- Opportunities to obtain meaningful direct patient interaction
Who Should Apply
This opportunity is ideal for students who are applying for medical or other graduate studies in the health sciences. Qualified individuals will:
- Have a bachelor’s degree in science or pre-medicine coursework
- Be willing to commit a minimum of one year’s service at 40 hours per week
Timeline and Deadlines
The application period opens March 15, 2020, and the deadline for applications is Friday, May 1, 2020.
- Those selected for interviews will be scheduled during the beginning of May.
- Applicants will be notified of final decision at the end of May.
The first day of internship is yet to-be-determined, but will occur during first two weeks of June 2020.
Interested individuals should send their resumes and/or questions to the Phase 1 Assistant Director, Dena Suthers, at Dena-Suthers@ouhsc.edu.
If you would like to contact our 2019-2020 Oncology Research Interns (who will be stating medical school in August 2020) for more information regarding this opportunity, please email Kolton-Kardokus@ouhsc.edu, or Tristan-Coles@ouhsc.edu.
For more information, please see our flyer.