Stephenson Cancer Center has a dedicated team of experienced navigators with insight and understanding of the cultural needs of American Indian populations. These navigators serve Indian patients from federally recognized tribes. Our team provides coordination of services between tribal clinics, Indian health facilities, hospitals, and Stephenson Cancer Center.
What is a Navigator?
A navigator helps remove any barriers to timely diagnosis and treatment, bridging potential gaps between patients and cancer care providers. They use their skills in areas such as obtaining referrals and authorizations, scheduling appointments, and providing information about cancer and treatment.
- Assistance with referrals and authorizations
- Explanation of diagnosis and treatment options
- Navigation of treatment and care
- Communication with tribal clinics
- Identification of alternate tribal resources
Patients must have a CDIB card.